2020 Spring Meeting
Cancellation of TRMA's 2020 Spring Meeting
TRMA, like the general public, is concerned about the growing spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the current impact it is having here in the US and internationally. The expanding spread of the virus at a time when our 2020 Spring Meeting is so close presents additional issues that we need to consider and be prepared for. After considering multiple factors, including the wellbeing of our attendees, the TRMA Board of Directors has decided to cancel the upcoming meeting being held in San Diego, CA on March 16-18, 2020.
Part of the decision-making process involved the fact that some of our Voting Members have been directed not to travel unless it is essential in order to conduct business.
We understand that the cancelation of the meeting sparks a number of questions and brings uncertainty about your plans. Below are some points for you to gain more insight and identify your next steps.
- Meeting Registrations - We will automatically move your registrations to the next meeting in the fall. If you do not wish or are unable to attend the fall meeting, please let us know and we will issue a full refund. You can send the request for a refund to email@example.com.
- Hotel Reservations - You have up to 72 hours prior to check-in to cancel your hotel reservations. TRMA Staff will also work to make sure reservations made under the hotel block are canceled. At this time, we are in contact with the hotel and will offer more information about this in the coming days. For now, you may call and cancel your reservation directly.
- Sponsorships - TRMA will automatically roll over the sponsorships to the next meeting. We understand that we have received sponsorships for multiple meetings. In that case, we will automatically reimburse one of the sponsorship opportunities. However, if you would like a full refund for sponsorships, please let us know and we will begin that process. Questions about sponsorships can be directed to Jose Segarra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Speakers and Presentations - It is our hope that we can schedule these interesting and engaging educational sessions in the future. Please expect to be contacted soon regarding the potential to re-schedule your presentation to the fall meeting.
- Processing Timeline - Because all these items have happened over several months, it will take Staff a couple of weeks to process many of the reimbursement requests and address other logistics during this time. We ask for your patience during this unprecedented process.
We all hope healthcare professionals will find a way to end the COVID-19 epidemic soon so we can embrace a much more positive outlook for the longer term. We also hope you stay safe and healthy during this time.
If you have any questions or would like to share your thoughts, please contact us at email@example.com or call 312-596-5243.
TRMA Board of Directors